The IELTS partners and English Australia recognise and celebrate those who make an outstanding contribution to quality in ELICOS in Australia through their work as academic managers with the English Australia IELTS Award for Academic Leadership.
An outstanding academic leader is someone who goes beyond their job description to inspire and support their staff and students to achieve their goals within the ‘system’ of their college and the local and/or Australia-wide context of ELICOS.
The award is open to those working in the following roles at any Australian-based organization registered on CRICOS to deliver ELICOS:
- academic managers
- directors of studies
- assistant directors of studies
- head teachers
- senior teachers
- program managers.
The nominee must have been working at the nominating center for at least one year prior to the time of nomination.
The winner will show outstanding academic leadership through:
- demonstrating the skills, knowledge and qualities that underpin academic leadership
- leading and inspiring others within their college as well as in the broad context of ELICOS
- contributing to the enhancement of ELICOS student outcomes.
||Sheree Millen, Director of Studies, Curtin English, Curtin University
||Stephen Heap, TESOL Director of Studies; ICTE-UQ
||Karen Benson, Director of Studies, Strathfield College
||Ruby Biscuit, National Manager, Ability English
||(no award conferred)
||Paulo Vieira, Director of Studies, Bond University English Language Institute
All nominees receive a Certificate of Nomination from English Australia.
The winner will receive:
- A check for $1,500
- An engraved trophy
- A certificate
- Up to $1,500 to cover return economy flights, accommodation and expenses to attend the English Australia Conference and accept their award at the English Australia Conference gala awards dinner.
The winner will also be profiled on the English Australia and IELTS websites and will be eligible to use the award logo on their email signature.
The person nominating the award winner will also receive a complimentary registration to the Australian International Education Conference co-hosted by IDP Education and the International Education Association of Australia (IEAA).