IELTS helps you select the right people from around the world
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to test the English language abilities of non-native speakers who plan to study or work where English is the language of communication.
IELTS is accepted by over 11,000 organisations around the world, and more than 3 million IELTS tests were taken worldwide in the last year.Organisations that accept IELTS results include:
- all universities and the vast majority of education providers in Australia, New Zealand and the UK (and most in Canada)
- more than 3,000 institutions in the US (including Ivy League universities)
- immigration authorities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK
- professional registration bodies worldwide, covering areas such as accounting, engineering, law, medicine and nursing
- a wide range of employers from sectors such as banking and finance, government, construction, energy and natural resources, aviation, health and tourism
- universities in non-English speaking countries where English is the language of instruction.
IELTS makes the world a bigger, more open place. Learning English has transformed me into a citizen of the world.