This scholarship, funded by the IELTS partners (British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, Cambridge Assessment English), is in memory of Morgan Terry, a dear colleague who made a significant contribution to the work of IELTS until her untimely death in 2011.
The award consists of:
* This includes cost of flights and airport transfers but not the costs of stopovers.
- registration for the TEA SIG's pre‑IATEFL conference event
- registration for IATEFL
- a year's IATEFL membership
- a maximum of five nights' accommodation
- travel costs including, if necessary, an economy flight to the UK* GBP 55.00 per day expenses.
To qualify you must:
- have prepared learners for taking IELTS
- have never attended the main IATEFL annual conference
- agree to write an article 6 months after the conference about how attendance at the conference has enriched your practice.
To be considered you should submit:
- a 400–500-word description of educational material you have created (e.g. lesson plan, classroom activity) and used to prepare prospective IELTS candidates for taking the test. The description should include:
- the creation process behind the material
- the reason(s) why the material is innovative
- how the material may be used by other teachers
- the IATEFL format CV (maximum two sides of A4)
- a passport-size photograph (for inclusion in the conference programme if you win).
Watch the below video to know more about IATEFL Scholarship, its benefits and the application process:
The submission deadline is Tuesday 18 July 2017. Please apply using IATEFL's online application form and CV format. Make sure you have your photo ready to upload. The winner will be informed by the beginning of September 2017.
Please note applications will be accepted, via IATEFL’s website, from the middle of April 2017.
Apply for the IATEFL Scholarship
(Scroll down to select "IELTS Morgan Terry Memorial IATEFL Scholarship")