Outstanding International Enrollment Management
Outstanding International Enrollment Management models aim to provide a seamless educational experience for international students. It sets institutional goals for the recruitment, retention, and graduation of international students and employs comprehensive and collaborative initiatives for achieving optimal outcomes.
IELTS USA’s Best Practices in International Enrollment Management Award recognizes collaborative strategic enrollment management initiatives that support the needs of international students from recruitment to career placement. IELTS considers a “whole-institution” approach as the gold standard for international enrollment management; therefore, this award recognizes collaborative initiatives that link innovative admissions and recruitment practices to institutional support programs, including academic and socio-emotional support, mentoring, career development, language support, and cultural enrichment.
The following innovative collaborations exemplify the spirit of this award:
- Working with ESL faculty on campus to create online resources meant to prepare international students for their academic studies and cultural adjustment
- Initiating a cross-departmental task force to build international student-friendly resources
- Creating a career bootcamp event that brings together the expertise on campus to prepare students for the global workplace
- Applicants must work in the IEM field and be employed with an accredited, degree-granting higher education institution in the US or US territories that accepts IELTS
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate collaboration among 2 or more departments, one of which must fall under the IEM umbrella
- Selection committee is made up of IELTS USA’s Higher Education Advisory Council members; therefore, applicants employed at the same institution are not eligible; You can find a list of current Advisory Committee members here
The selection committee welcomes applications from international enrollment managers who can demonstrate innovative approaches to enhanced international student success through collaborations across departments.
The selection committee will evaluate proposals based on the following four criteria:
- The degree of innovation in the institution’s approach
- The extent of institutional collaboration and commitment
- Relevant impact on the student population
- Qualitative and/or quantitative research that supports outcomes
- Demographics Form
- Essay (700-1000 words) that addresses the following:
- Problem analysis that led to the development of employed practices
- Initiatives and institutional practices employed to address gaps to include a description of the level of collaboration between departments
- Description of how these initiatives have promoted success throughout the student life-cycle
- A letter of endorsement from the Chief Enrollment Manager or Chief International Officer
- NAFSA registration and Global Partner presentation opportunity for two
- Plaque to be awarded at IELTS USA’s NAFSA Global Partner session
- Recognition through a program synopsis in IELTS USA’s newsletter and social media channels
|January 10, 2020
|January 20 - 30, 2020
|Award winner notified
|The week of May 25 - 29, 2020
||Award winner at NAFSA in St. Louis, MO
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your application!
Contact Bolu Oluwadiya or Misty Wilson for questions about submitting an application.