See below for information on how to book IELTS in the USA today
We recommend you to try to register at least 1 month in advance to give yourself enough time to prepare for the test.
After you find a convenient test center location in the United States of America click the "Book Now" button and follow the directions below:
- Select the test type (Academic or General Training).
- Check availability and select your preferred test date.
- Create and account for the online registration system.
- Complete the online registration form and submit your payment.
- Check your email for an acknowledgement of your registration and a confirmation of your payment from the test center.
- Prepare for your test using some of the preparation resources that are available
Note, test takers under the age of 18 years old can refer to the IELTS USA Child Protection Policy.
- Be sure to inform your test center at least six weeks in advance if you have a disability or other condition that requires special arrangement.
- IELTS results will be available to you 13 days following your test date for IELTS on paper, and 3-5 days following your test date for IELTS on computer.
- Once you’ve entered your contact details, make sure the address you input is accurate because this will be the mailing address the test center will use to mail your IELTS test results. You will then be directed to a page to add up to five organizations where you would like your IELTS results to be sent.
- You can request that your scores be sent to an organization for up to two years following your test date by contacting the test center where you took the test.
Transfers / Cancellations / Refunds / Failure to Attend for IELTS on Paper AND IELTS on Computer tests in the USA:
Requests to transfer/postpone or cancel your IELTS must be submitted in writing by email to the test center where you have registered.
Transfer/postponement or cancellation requests made via telephone will NOT be accepted.